Re: client that supports editing views - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: client that supports editing views
Date
Re: client that supports editing views  (Richard Broersma <richard.broersma@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 12/09/2013 05:36 AM, Willy-Bas Loos wrote:
> I have a database with views that have rules on them, so that users can
> do insert/update/delete on their part of the data.
> The rules ore "do instead" rules that redirect the edits to the table
> that actually holds the data, on which the users have no rights.
>
> This works fine in MS Access (at least versions 2000 and 2010).
>
> Now i've added some functionality, i've added a set of views that show
> records that a user is entitled to insert, that she hasn't inserted. The
> records in the view show the default values, they could be viewed as
> "templates". To create the new record, all the user has to do is edit
> the template record. It is then inserted into the corresponding table
> and consequently disappears from the template view.
>
> But Access 2010 detects the removal from this "template" view as a
> conflict: the user did an update, but "another user" deleted the record :( .

Is there a timestamp field in the view? This sounds like an issue Access
has with timestamp precision, where if you supply a timestamp that is
too precise it has problems. See here for more detail:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/A434C531E37AD442815608A769550D8059425A3E00@EGEXCMB01.oww.root.lcl

Short version, make your timestamp field timestamp(0).

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com