Re: Full Stored Procedure Support, any time soon ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Full Stored Procedure Support, any time soon ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/30/2013 3:27 PM, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> I don't think that's a limitation. The client will still iterate
> through one result set at a time.

PQexec etc return a  PGresult *

the various PQxxxxx functions that accept PGresult * as an argument,
each only return info about the single resultset, like PQntuples,
PQnfields, PQgetvalue, PQfname, PQfnumber,  etc...   I guess we'd need
some new functions to return the number of resultsets, and choose a
resultset by index number, then those above functions would refer to the
'currently chosen' PQresult ?   or at least a res =
PQnextresult(PGresult *res), which returns 0 if there is no next resultset ?