Re: additional json functionality - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: additional json functionality
Date
Re: additional json functionality  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Now, if it turns out that the new hstore is not dealing with json input
> and output, we could have json, jstore and hstore.

Jstore isn't the worst name suggestion I've heard on this thread.  The
reason I prefer JSONB though, is that a new user looking for a place to
put JSON data will clearly realize that JSON and JSONB are alternatives
and related in some way.  They won't necessarily expect that "jstore"
has anything to do with JSON, especially when there is another type
called "JSON".  Quite a few people are liable to think it's something to
do with Java.

Besides, we might get sued by these people: http://www.jstor.org/  ;-)

--
Josh Berkus