Re: Fwd: Test of Algorithm || Indexing Scheme - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Fwd: Test of Algorithm || Indexing Scheme
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/12/2013 03:26 AM, Rohit Goyal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Actually,
>
> I want to test an algorithm in which I will use store tuple_id in some
> other data structure and value of the key of index will contain some
> random created by me. Could you please tel me which file need to be
> change for it.
>
> you said something about usage of GiST opclass. Can you please elaborate
> ur opinion in detail. It would be of a great help to me.

I think you really need to take a few steps back and explain *why* you
feel you want to modify the b-tree values.

Are you attempting to implement a covering index or index-organized table?

"some random created by me" tells us around about nothing about what
you're trying to do.