Re: OSX doesn't accept identical source/target for strcpy() anymore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: OSX doesn't accept identical source/target for strcpy() anymore
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/28/2013 02:26 PM, Andres Freund wrote:

> It'd be neat if we could get a buildfarm animal up that uses valgrind -
> which would catch such and lots of other errors. That's where the topic
> has come up in the past:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20110312133224.GA7833%40tornado.gateway.2wire.net
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20130217142209.GA5073@awork2.anarazel.de

How exactly is it going to do that?

Fundamentally, the buildfarm client is simply glue to run existing build
and test code, collect the results, and send them to the server. AFAICT
there are no configure or make targets for running under valgrind.

If someone provides the requisite support in the build system for this
I'll be happy to add buildfarm support for it.

cheers

andrew