Re: Detection of nested function calls - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hugo Mercier
Subject Re: Detection of nested function calls
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Le 25/10/2013 14:29, Pavel Stehule a écrit :
> Hello
>

> 2013/10/25 Hugo Mercier <hugo.mercier@oslandia.com
> <mailto:hugo.mercier@oslandia.com>>.
>
>     I am quite new to postgresql hacking, so I'm sure there is room for
>     improvements. But, what about this first proposal ?
>

> I am not sure, if this solution is enough - what will be done if I store
> some values in PL/pgSQL variables?

You mean if you store the result of a (nested) function evaluation in a
PL/pgSQL variable ?
Then no nesting will be detected by the parser and in this case the user
function must ensure its result is serialized, since it could be stored
(in a variable or a table) at any time.

--
Hugo Mercier
Oslandia