Re: DNS lookup for git.postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: DNS lookup for git.postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-www
> I have an automated job that pulls from our public git server, and
> several times a day I get this error:
>     fatal: unable to look up git.postgresql.org (port 9418)
>         (Temporary failure in name resolution)
> I don't see this error for any of my other automated scripts that pull
> from URLs.  Is this something other people see too?  Is it a problem on
> my end?  My git config entry is:

My buildfarm animals frequently complain of being unable to contact the
buildfarm server.  Sometimes there's an identifiable problem at my end,
but usually not.  A typical error looks like

error getting branches of interest: 500 Can't connect to buildfarm.postgresql.org:443 (Network is unreachable) at
./run_branches.plline 199.

I've not noticed instability of connections to the git servers, though.

            regards, tom lane