Re: Trigger trouble - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Trigger trouble
Date
List pgsql-admin
"Sandy Spence" <axs@aber.ac.uk> writes:
> The version of postgres we are currently running is PostgreSQL 7.2.3

You sure it's not something newer?  There wasn't any built-in type named
"trigger" in 7.2 --- there is in 7.3 and up.

Assuming it is 7.3, dropping the type would be a really bad idea.  Could
we see the results of "select * from pg_type where typname = 'trigger'"?

I'm guessing that either that row is corrupt, or you dropped the
original superuser account (in which case the gripe about type trigger
is just the tip of the iceberg).

            regards, tom lane