Re: reading cvs logs with pgadmin queries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: reading cvs logs with pgadmin queries
Date
List pgsql-general
On 09/23/2013 12:46 PM, Dave Cramer wrote:
> OK,
>
> I have a little more information.
>
> Yes, in isolation I can import these lines, however something happens
> after 69000 lines. These lines cause an error.

Is it the same error?
The exact error message is  ERROR:  extra data after last expected column

If so I would say the problem is in the transition between line 69000
and 69001.

I wonder if you are getting bit by some variation of the below where
partial lines are getting through in spite of the PK:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/runtime-config-logging.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-CSVLOG

"The table definition above includes a primary key specification. This
is useful to protect against accidentally importing the same information
twice. The COPY command commits all of the data it imports at one time,
so any error will cause the entire import to fail. If you import a
partial log file and later import the file again when it is complete,
the primary key violation will cause the import to fail. Wait until the
log is complete and closed before importing. This procedure will also
protect against accidentally importing a partial line that hasn't been
completely written, which would also cause COPY to fail."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com