Re: help getting a backtrace from 9.2 on Ubuntu 13.04? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: help getting a backtrace from 9.2 on Ubuntu 13.04?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 09/10/2013 10:37 AM, Chris Curvey wrote:

> Another development (possibly unrelated):  I tried **dumping** with
> –no-privileges –no-tablespace –no-owner, and the restore went fine.

Probably has to do with whether you are dumping plain text or custom format:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/app-pgdump.html

-O
--no-owner
Do not output commands to set ownership of objects to match the original
database. By default, pg_dump issues ALTER OWNER or SET SESSION
AUTHORIZATION statements to set ownership of created database objects.
These statements will fail when the script is run unless it is started
by a superuser (or the same user that owns all of the objects in the
script). To make a script that can be restored by any user, but will
give that user ownership of all the objects, specify -O.

This option is only meaningful for the plain-text format. For the
archive formats, you can specify the option when you call pg_restore.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com