Re: SQL/JSON features for v15 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: SQL/JSON features for v15
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I suggest just submitting the Input function stuff on its own, I think
> that means not patches 3,4,15 at this stage. Maybe we would also need a
> small test module to call the functions, or at least some of them.
> The earlier we can get this in the earlier SQL/JSON patches based on it
> can be considered.

+1

> . proissafe isn't really a very informative name. Safe for what? maybe
> proerrorsafe or something would be better?

I strongly recommend against having a new pg_proc column at all.
I doubt that you really need it, and having one will create
enormous mechanical burdens to making the conversion.  (For example,
needing a catversion bump every time we convert one more function,
or an extension version bump to convert extensions.)