Re: Bug in psql (\dd query) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan Radovanovic
Subject Re: Bug in psql (\dd query)
Date
Re: Bug in psql (\dd query)  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 08/21/13 16:03, Tom Lane napisa:
> Ivan Radovanovic<radovanovic@gmail.com>  writes:
>> I was checking for way to get object comments, and it seems that \dd has
>> bug when it comes to extracting descriptions for constraints.
>
> That code looks right to me, and it works according to a simple test:
>
> d1=# create table foo (f1 int primary key);
> CREATE TABLE
> d1=# comment on constraint foo_pkey on foo is 'here is a comment';
> COMMENT
> d1=# \dd
>                  Object descriptions
>   Schema |   Name   |   Object   |    Description
> --------+----------+------------+-------------------
>   public | foo_pkey | constraint | here is a comment
> (1 row)
>
> What exactly do you think the problem is?
>
>             regards, tom lane

Problem is if you create table in schema other than public (I am not
sure if \dd should show comments only for objects in public schema, I
assumed not?)

db=# create schema test;
CREATE SCHEMA
db=# create table test.foo (f1 int primary key);
"foo_pkey" for table "foo"
CREATE TABLE
db=# comment on constraint foo_pkey on test.foo is 'here is a comment';
COMMENT
db=# \dd
          Object descriptions
  Schema | Name | Object | Description