Re: Bug in psql (\dd query) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug in psql (\dd query)
Date
List pgsql-general
Ivan Radovanovic <radovanovic@gmail.com> writes:
> I was checking for way to get object comments, and it seems that \dd has
> bug when it comes to extracting descriptions for constraints.

That code looks right to me, and it works according to a simple test:

d1=# create table foo (f1 int primary key);
CREATE TABLE
d1=# comment on constraint foo_pkey on foo is 'here is a comment';
COMMENT
d1=# \dd
                Object descriptions
 Schema |   Name   |   Object   |    Description
 public | foo_pkey | constraint | here is a comment
(1 row)

What exactly do you think the problem is?

            regards, tom lane