Re: what \ command actually run - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: what \ command actually run
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/16/2013 07:07 AM, Steve Clark wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I seem to recall seeing somewhere that you can turn on an option that
> will let you see what the \ command actually run, but googling and doing
> a quick scan of the docs didn't turn it up. Could someone assist me on
> this?

psql -E

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/app-psql.html

-E
--echo-hidden
Echo the actual queries generated by \d and other backslash commands.
You can use this to study psql's internal operations. This is equivalent
to setting the variable ECHO_HIDDEN from within psql.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com