Re: Getting list of supported types in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan Radovanovic
Subject Re: Getting list of supported types in Postgres
Date
Re: Getting list of supported types in Postgres  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 08/15/13 05:23, Michael Paquier napisa:
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 6:00 AM, Bruce Momjian<bruce@momjian.us>  wrote:
>> Try psql -E, and run the \dT command to see the query it uses.
> You have also the following commands:
> - ¥dT+, all types with addition information like its size ('var' is
> for example variable length)
> - ¥dTS+, this includes also the catalog types
>
> Regards,

Hi Michael and Bruce,

Thank you for taking your time to reply.

If I run \dTS+ that returns something that resembles information I need,
but it is still missing info if type can have precision, and apparently
aliases are missing (no decimal for numeric, no character for char and
so on). Additionally it would be great if I could somehow also get
information if type can be indexed.

This doesn't have to come through SQL (I simply assumed that info can be
obtained either from information schema or Postgress specific views and
tables) - if you can point me to some source file that would be
acceptable too :-)

Regards,
Ivan