Re: UNNEST with multiple args, and TABLE with multiple funcs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: UNNEST with multiple args, and TABLE with multiple funcs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 08/13/2013 06:54 AM, Andrew Gierth wrote:
> This patch implements a method for expanding multiple SRFs in parallel
> that does not have the surprising LCM behaviour of SRFs-in-select-list.
> (Functions returning fewer rows are padded with nulls instead.)

BTW, if anyone is unsure of the use-case for this, I have some uses for it:

1. denormalized data stored in same-length arrays (usually for
compression reasons)

2. use with PL/Python-Numpy and PL/R functions which return multiple
arrays or 2D arrays.

In other words, I have *lots* of uses for this functionality, and I
think the analytics crowd will like it.  Which means that I need to get
on testing it, of course ...

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.