Re: utf8 errors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jiří Pavlovský
Subject Re: utf8 errors
Date
List pgsql-general
On 25.6.2013 21:39, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hello
>
> in this mailing list is not high traffic,
>
> please try to ask on postgresql general mailing list
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-general/
>
> or
>
> Czech google groups https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=cs#!forum/postgresql-cz
>
> 2013/6/25 Jiří Pavlovský <jiri@pavlovsky.eu>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a win32 application. It uses gtk for GUI and postgres. Recently I
>> upgraded to newer gtk and postgres 9.2. I'm now getting utf8 errors from
>> postgres.
>> The thing I don't understand that the queries, which postgres complains
>> about, seem to be perfectly valid.
>>
>> For example
>>  LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO recipients (DealID,
>> Contactid)                               VALUES (29009, 9387)
>>  ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x9c
>>
> This message is strange - I expect so *ID columns are numeric. Can you
> show a table definition?

Yes, sure:

CREATE TABLE recipients
(
  contactid integer,
  dealid integer,
  CONSTRAINT "$1" FOREIGN KEY (contactid)
      REFERENCES contacts (contactid) MATCH SIMPLE
      ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE,
  CONSTRAINT recipients_dealid_fk FOREIGN KEY (dealid)
      REFERENCES subscription (dealid) MATCH SIMPLE
      ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE,
  CONSTRAINT recipients_dealid_key UNIQUE (dealid, contactid)
)

--
Jiří Pavlovský