Re: utf8 errors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: utf8 errors
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello

in this mailing list is not high traffic,

please try to ask on postgresql general mailing list

http://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-general/

or

Czech google groups https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=cs#!forum/postgresql-cz

2013/6/25 Jiří Pavlovský <jiri@pavlovsky.eu>:
> Hello,
>
> I have a win32 application. It uses gtk for GUI and postgres. Recently I
> upgraded to newer gtk and postgres 9.2. I'm now getting utf8 errors from
> postgres.
> The thing I don't understand that the queries, which postgres complains
> about, seem to be perfectly valid.
>
> For example
>  LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO recipients (DealID,
> Contactid)                               VALUES (29009, 9387)
>  ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x9c

This message is strange - I expect so *ID columns are numeric. Can you
show a table definition?

Regards

Pavel Stehule