utf8 errors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jiří Pavlovský
Subject utf8 errors
Date
Re: utf8 errors  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Re: utf8 errors  (Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>)
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I have a win32 application. It uses gtk for GUI and postgres. Recently I
upgraded to newer gtk and postgres 9.2. I'm now getting utf8 errors from
postgres.
The thing I don't understand that the queries, which postgres complains
about, seem to be perfectly valid.

For example
 LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO recipients (DealID,
Contactid)                               VALUES (29009, 9387)
 ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x9c

But the query is clean ascii and it doesn't even contain the mentioned
character.

My database is in UNICODE, client encoding is utf8.

 So I'm stuck not knowing where to look for a problem.

Thank you,
Jiri

--
Jiří Pavlovský