Re: pgloader error : permission denied to set parameter "lc_messages" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pgloader error : permission denied to set parameter "lc_messages"
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/25/2013 12:05 AM, ascot.moss@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to load CSV files into postgresql via pgloader, it returned the following error, any suggestions to fix
it?

> I have a line "lc_messages = C" in my pgloader.conf, would this line cause the problem?

Assuming you are not running as a superuser, yes:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/runtime-config-client.html

lc_messages (string)

Only superusers can change this setting, because it affects the messages
sent to the server log as well as to the client, and an improper value
might obscure the readability of the server logs.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com