Re: .pgpass being ignored - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: .pgpass being ignored
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/24/2013 11:36 PM, Frank Broniewski wrote:
>>>          However, when I call createdb, it fails:
>>>
>>>               $ createdb -h 192.168.1.4 -U postgres --no-password
>>> JobSearch
>>>               createdb: could not connect to database postgres:
>>>          fe_sendauth: no
>>>          password supplied
>>>

> Hi,
>
> isn't your --no-password switch preventing this? I never use this switch
> and my .pgpass is used by shell scripts and other programs ...

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/app-createdb.html

-w
--no-password
Never issue a password prompt. If the server requires password
authentication and a password is not available by other means such as a
.pgpass file, the connection attempt will fail. This option can be
useful in batch jobs and scripts where no user is present to enter a
password.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com