Re: [HACKERS] pg_recvlogical.c doesn't build with --disable-integer-datetimes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pg_recvlogical.c doesn't build with --disable-integer-datetimes
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On February 17, 2017 1:13:10 PM PST, Mark Dilger <hornschnorter@gmail.com> wrote:
>How about we add (some of) these extra warnings, plus -Werror,
>in a section that is only active for platforms/compilers where we
>know there aren't spurious warnings?  That would make detecting
>unintentionally introduced warnings simpler, without the use of
>COPT.  Perhaps where the compiler is GCC or CLANG, and the
>platform is x86_64 redhat, something like that?

Strongly against that. I do *not* want Werrror enabled during development. I have a lot of warnings enabled, but while
hackingI often have some of them triggering (e.g. an unused variable or static function).  Preventing me from compiling
inthose scenarios has no benefits.   Werror it's useful in automated scenarios (e.g. my pre push script compiles with
it),a lot less in interactive scenarios where you can just use make -s.

Andres