Re: plperl segfault in plperl_trusted_init() on kfreebsd - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: plperl segfault in plperl_trusted_init() on kfreebsd
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/16/2013 09:14 AM, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Stephen Frost 2013-05-16 <20130516123344.GT4361@tamriel.snowman.net>
>> * Christoph Berg (cb@df7cb.de) wrote:
>>> That was because the plain "./configure" version (for a minimal way to
>>> reproduce) didn't built with debug symbols. The original gcc line from the
>>> Debian build log is:
>> It did, but Debian (and Ubuntu and friends) pull the debugging symbols
>> out of the binaries and stick them into independent packages, allowing
>> you to only install them if you need/want to.
>>
>> Try installing postgresql-9.3-dbg.  At least the postgresql-9.2-dbg
>> package on my system also includes the plperl.so debugging symbols.
> This wasn't the Debian build, but just plain "./configure --with-perl"
> without any other arguments. As said in the previous mail, both this
> and the Debian build segfault here. (Which means there is no -dbg
> package because the build fails.)
>
> I don't think this makes a difference anyway - I can pull more
> information out from that core, but that needs someone saying which
> info, because that's the place where I'm lost at.
>
> (I'll be away until monday.)

I have reproduced this. It happens with both the distro perl and a
home-built perl 5.14. AFAICT this is a Perl bug. Any reference at all to
ERRSV at the point this occurs causes a core dump, even just assigning
it to a local SV * variable. Maybe you should take this up with the Perl
people. It certainly seems mysterious that this should only occur on
this platform.

cheers

andrew