select * from pg_stat_bgwriter slow - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Nicolas Zin
Subject select * from pg_stat_bgwriter slow
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

we have a postgresql 9.0, I setup collectd to gather some information.
It frequently ask the database about the bgwriter state by requesting
"select * from pg_stat_bgwriter" (among other stats).
It seems that this requets takes 6-7s to answer and in the log we got
"pgstat timeout"
Note: The database is constantly loaded with insert (but not overloaded).

Does someone have an idea why such request can take so long to answer. I
was thinking bgwriter stats is just a matter of picking global info in
memory. Can it be due to locks of some sort ?

Cordialy,

Nicolas Zin