Re: Regarding template1 database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Regarding template1 database
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/22/2013 8:08 PM, S H wrote:
> I want to monitor externally, without changing the database. If there
> are some system queries which can tell me what are the number of
> database insertion/updation in the template1 ( including system table
> it will be helpful for me).

the system tables include the shared catalogs like pg_roles, which are
common with all databases and are modified by ALTER ROLE etc, and the
pg_catalog tables like pg_classes, which get modified when you do things
like CREATE TABLE.  it also includes system tables like
pg_stat_activity, which contain views into postgres's innards, and are
never directly modified, just queried.

so again, your request doesn't make much sense.