Re: 9.3 Beta 1 Coming Soon! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From damien clochard
Subject Re: 9.3 Beta 1 Coming Soon!
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Le 16/04/2013 00:23, Josh Berkus a écrit :
> Folks,
>
> PostgreSQL 9.3 Beta 1 is coming soon.  As always, I could use your help
> in coming up with some promotional text for the features it contains.
> Here's the features I know of:
>
> * declarative matviews
> * better FK locks
> * recursive views
> * event triggers
> * writeable foreign tables
> * more JSON functions
> * data checksums
> * parallel pg_dump & dump directory format
> * automatically updatable views
> * streaming-only cascading replication failover
> * configuration directory
> * pg_isready (ping postgres)
> * postgres_fdw
>
> Others I missed?

Custom background worker processes ?

Definitively not a top 3 feature but it's promising and it could be
interesting to attract some developer attention on this feature...

> We should pick 3-4 features which are worth talking about and promoting.
>   My thinking is:
>
> * declarative matviews ("Materialized View Support")
> * postgres_fdw / writeable foreign tables ("Federated Databases")
> * event triggers
> * JSON API and functions ("More JSON goodness")

My personal "pure-PR" top :

  * Material Views
  * JSON parser and more
  * postgres_fdw + writeable foreign tables