Re: Regression with no results returned from query between 9.01.01 and 9.01.02 - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Inoue, Hiroshi
Subject Re: Regression with no results returned from query between 9.01.01 and 9.01.02
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi Vadim,

(2013/04/12 21:58), Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
>   Hello,
>
>   Our code doing some relatively simple SELECT queries has stopped working
> after upgrading from 9.01.01 to 9.01.02. After some debugging and bisecting
> I found that:
>
> 1. The original bug was introduced by a seemingly nonsensical change to
>     the SC_forget_unnamed() macro in statement.h in
>     https://github.com/hlinnaka/psqlodbc/commit/5f35a04c498c4af02a3d2ac4cd84a0610562c2a4
>
> 2. The symptoms we're seeing have been corrected by the apparently
>     unrelated change in a yet unreleased commit
>     https://github.com/hlinnaka/psqlodbc/commit/79fa21bd5c52157cf9a2296b06aa7ad6cb9c8b9c
>
>   I don't know this code at all so it's very difficult for me to day whether
> the latter commit really fixes the problem or just works around/hides it,
> but it seems pretty strange to have "FALSE && ..." condition as it's, of
> course, always false, so why bother with testing it at all? Considering
> that the commit of (1) also was clearly not tested much as it even broke
> the code compilation (missing closing quote in the change to version.h), I
> am not inclined to trust this change. But this is just a gut feeling and it
> would be great if someone who really understands this code could look at
> it.
>
>   More generally, it would be very nice to have 9.01.03 release fixing this
> bug as it's pretty annoying that we need to tell our users to download the
> one but last release of the ODBC driver instead of the latest one.

Unfortunately we don't have much time and there are some issues (Git
migration or pending patches etc). Please wait for a while.
As for Windows, I can provide the binaries on my home page which fixes
the bug you pointed out if it's preferable.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue