Re: Regression with no results returned from query between 9.01.01 and 9.01.02 - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Vadim Zeitlin
Subject Re: Regression with no results returned from query between 9.01.01 and 9.01.02
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 12:57:13 +0900 "Inoue, Hiroshi" <inoue@tpf.co.jp> wrote:

IH> >   More generally, it would be very nice to have 9.01.03 release fixing this
IH> > bug as it's pretty annoying that we need to tell our users to download the
IH> > one but last release of the ODBC driver instead of the latest one.
IH>
IH> Unfortunately we don't have much time and there are some issues (Git
IH> migration or pending patches etc). Please wait for a while.

 Thank you for your reply! I've already realized that this is probably not
the best moment to do any changes due to the CVS-to-Git migration, sorry
for encountering this problem just at the wrong moment :-/

IH> As for Windows, I can provide the binaries on my home page which fixes
IH> the bug you pointed out if it's preferable.

 For us this is not necessary as we can just use 9.01.01 driver (I don't
see any changes in 9.01.02 which would be relevant to us) but I wonder if
it wouldn't be better to pull the 9.01.02 release off the main site
(http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/) to avoid any future problems
with it?

 Of course, a 9.01.03 with the real fix after the migration to Git is
complete wouldn't be a bad idea if only to verify that the release
procedures still work with the new repository.

 Thanks in advance and good luck!
VZ

P.S. Thanks Geoff for confirming that I'm not the only one seeing, I've
     doubted my sanity for quite some time as I couldn't believe something
     as bad as this could have slipped through the cracks. But apparently
     not many people use PostgreSQL via ODBC...