Re: list non alphanumeric - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: list non alphanumeric
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/11/2013 11:23 PM, Baboo, Isa wrote:

Firstly let me mention I am a noob to postgres,DB and sql anyway, I have a column with First names and need to list names that have non-alphanumeric characters in them like + or * and the list goes on.  I did google a bit and tried:

select * from TABLE where first_name not like '%[a-z0-9]%';

you'll probably have to use a regex for that.

something like...  (my regex is really rusty)

       ... WHERE first_name !~ '^[a-z0-9]*$';