Re: Heroku early upgrade is raising serious questions - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Heroku early upgrade is raising serious questions
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 04/08/2013 05:50 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

>> Agreed. As far as I can see things where handled in the Postgres way,
>> when in doubt err on the side of caution. I applaud the efforts of those
>> concerned and trust in their ability to build on the experience.
>
> Mostly I'd rather be arguing as to whether or not we should have given
> Heroku early deployment

No.

That isn't to say I didn't understand that theory of doing so. I do.
However, you essentially created a class of user that is above other
users and that is explicitly not Open Source.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579