Re: Validating user-input to be inserted in regular expressions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sean Davis
Subject Re: Validating user-input to be inserted in regular expressions
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jan 25, 2005, at 8:48 AM, Vincenzo Ciancia wrote:

> Vincenzo Ciancia wrote:
>
>>  Should I find every
>> possible character in the documentation for regular expressions?
>
> Is the answer trivial? I checked the manual and the FAQ, and googled
> for the
> answer, but I didn't find it. Is there a more appropriate place where
> I can
> ask my question?

Yes, this is a fine place to ask your question.  Sometimes it does take
a day or two to get an answer.  Will quote_literal do what you want?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/functions-string.html

Search on that page for quote_literal.

Sean