Re: BUG #5619: restore won't work with files transferred with NFS - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #5619: restore won't work with files transferred with NFS
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Pierre" <pmathe@neuf.fr> writes:
> Detailed operations:
> 1. on computer A, using PgAdmin3, backup of database x into file
> saveddb.backup
> 2. tranfer of this file to a directory of computer B, using NFS
> 3. on computer B, Restore of this file from the local directory won't work:
>  3.1. If it is the first attempt, it  says the file structure is not
> correct.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "transfer using NFS", but what
this sounds like to me is the file got corrupted during the transfer.
If there was any Windows software involved, I'd bet on a LF -> CR/LF
newline conversion being the problem.

            regards, tom lane