Re: 9.2.3 upgrade reduced pgbench performance by 60% - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: 9.2.3 upgrade reduced pgbench performance by 60%
Date
List pgsql-performance

> I saw some similar results comparing 9.0 and 9.2 pgbench tests.  My tests were on a VM, but on a dedicate
host/hardwarewith no other VM's running on it to minimize variables. I didn't have a lot of time to dig into it, but I
dorecall seeing more lock contention on updates on the 9.2 instance though.

Ah, good point.  At that scale, Colin's test is mostly a contention
test.  There's something there worth investigating, but it's not a
realistic use case.

Colin, please try your pgbench tests with -s 100.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.