Re: PostgreSQL service terminated by query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: PostgreSQL service terminated by query
Date
List pgsql-general
On 26/03/13 05:55, adrian.kitchingman@dse.vic.gov.au wrote:
> I'm hoping I can get some info on a query which terminates my PostgreSQL
> service.
> The query is a relatively simple PostGIS query:

> The log text when the service crashes is:

> 2013-03-26 15:49:55 EST LOG: server process (PID 3536) was terminated by
> exception 0xC0000005
> 2013-03-26 15:49:55 EST HINT: See C include file "ntstatus.h" for a
> description of the hexadecimal value.

> I'm running PostgreSQL 9.1 with PostGIS 2.0 installed on an WinXP SP3:
> 4GB RAM machine. Shared_buffers set at 50MB. Let me know if further info
> needed.

This is a Windows memory-related error. It might be due to a library
problem, bad RAM or a corrupted pointer in the database table itself.

1. Can you reliably produce the error with this specific gid?
2. Can you dump the database (or perhaps just the tables in question)?

If we can't find any problems in the database itself and you can spare
the downtime, it may be worth running a RAM checker overnight.

> Notice:
> This email and any attachments may contain information that is personal,
> confidential,
> legally privileged and/or copyright. No part of it should be reproduced,
> adapted or communicated without the prior written consent of the
> copyright owner.

Oh no, too late!

--
   Richard Huxton