Re: SDP query optimizer - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: SDP query optimizer
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Adriano,

> I have developed a new query optimizer for PostgreSQL and I would like
> to share it with the community. The optimizer's name is Sampling and
> Dynamic Programming (SDP). I put it into a plugin developed some years
> ago, named LJQO:

Woah!  Way cool.

As a warning, we're in the closing throes of version 9.3 right now, so
if you code/ideas doesn't get the attention it deserves, that's why.

There is an incomplete project from a few years back to make the
non-exhaustive query planner pluggable so that we could use different
algorithms.  Unfortunately, it was never finished and merged with the
core code.  Your planner is yet another reason it would be great to
complete this.

Keep up the good work!

--
Josh Berkus