SDP query optimizer - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Adriano Lange
Subject SDP query optimizer
Date
Re: SDP query optimizer  (Ants Aasma <ants@cybertec.at>)
Re: SDP query optimizer  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I have developed a new query optimizer for PostgreSQL and I would like
to share it with the community. The optimizer's name is Sampling and
Dynamic Programming (SDP). I put it into a plugin developed some years
ago, named LJQO:

https://github.com/alange0001/ljqo.git

This plugin was configured to compile only against PostgreSQL 9.2.
However, I guess it may be easily adjusted for other versions of PostgreSQL.

I would be glad for any feedback about SDP or even about LJQO.

I have some numbers about the SDP in comparison with GEQO. If
interested, see a diff between the two ".out2" files attached. The
schema and query are from a previous email posted by Andres Freund in
this list.

Thanks for attention.
Adriano Lange

Attachment