Re: Fate of Pop-Up Booth Display - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Fate of Pop-Up Booth Display
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> Money really isn't the equation here. Let's remember how much the pop-up
> served us. I am not actually against a vinyl banner. I am just saying
> that dollars to dollars a popup makes more sense.

Not if you include the cost of shipping it, which runs from $60 to $100
each time we do it.  I'd estimate that we've spent more money shipping
the thing around than we spent buying it.

I'll also admit that one of the reasons I want to ditch it is that I
have it right now, and don't want to store it.  I really have no place
in my small SF office for a 4'x2'x2' big black ugly plastic tube.

Overall, I think it was a good idea to try once, and served us well for
several years.  However, the thing is bulky, hard to transport, and we
can't use it at half the conferences we attend.  I'm ready to move on to
different display technology.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.