Re: Duplicate JSON Object Keys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Duplicate JSON Object Keys
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 03/13/2013 01:50 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Mar 13, 2013, at 10:45 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>
>> If someone wants functions to enforce a stricter validity check (e.g. via a check constraint on a domain), or to
convertjson to a canonical version which strips out prior keys of the same name and their associated values, then these
shouldbe relatively simple to implement given the parser API in the current patch. But they aren't part of the current
patch,and I think it's way too late to be adding such things.
> I think it might be good to get something like this into core eventually, otherwise I suspect that there will be a
differentversion of it for every JSON-using project out there. And my first cut at it won’t descend into sub-objects.

The you wouldn't be doing it right. The whole thing about a recursive
descent parser is that it's, well, recursive.

cheers

andrew