Partial patch status update, 3/3/13 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Partial patch status update, 3/3/13
Date
Re: Partial patch status update, 3/3/13  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Craig,

Here's for your summary.   I stopped at --echo-hidden, working my way up
from the bottom.  Overall, it seems like mostly the patches which are
still in queue are there for good reasons, although there's probably a
few things we could bounce if the authors don't respond in a couple days.

Why isn't this committed already?

- commit_delay advice doc patch
- psql \l to accept patterns

Waiting on Author for more than 2 weeks, should probably be bounced:

- Add code commentary in ProcessInterrupts

Pending Discussion:

- Peter E.'s two pkg-config patches:
-- find libxml2 using pkg-config
-- pkg-config for libpq and ecpg

- Awaiting discussion of whether we support Cygwin anymore:
-- Problematic dependency in plpython Makefile [Cygwin/Windows]

- Awaiting discussion of syntax:
-- PL/PgSQL STRICT
-- Matview WIP Patch

- Awaiting discussion of difficult issues:
-- bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements

Nobody seems to want to review this:

- transforms

Reminders sent to reviewers:

- Problematic dependency in plpython Makefile [Cygwin/Windows]
- plpgsql_check_function - rebase for 9.3

Reminders set to authors:

- Problematic dependency in plpython Makefile [Cygwin/Windows]
- pg_hba error line reporting
- plpgsql_check_function - rebase for 9.3

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.