Re: Partial patch status update, 3/3/13 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Partial patch status update, 3/3/13
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 03/04/2013 05:35 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Craig,
>
> Here's for your summary.   I stopped at --echo-hidden, working my way up
> from the bottom.  Overall, it seems like mostly the patches which are
> still in queue are there for good reasons, although there's probably a
> few things we could bounce if the authors don't respond in a couple days.
Thankyou.

I wonder if we need to be more willing to bounce patches that've petered
out and just re-open them if activity resumes.
> Waiting on Author for more than 2 weeks, should probably be bounced:
>
> - Add code commentary in ProcessInterrupts
Done.
> - Awaiting discussion of whether we support Cygwin anymore:
> -- Problematic dependency in plpython Makefile [Cygwin/Windows]
Per earlier discussion we do support cygwin for as long as it doesn't
create an undue maintenance burden for platforms that matter more and so
long as someone cares to maintain it. Looks like it should get committed.
> - Awaiting discussion of syntax:
> -- PL/PgSQL STRICT
> -- Matview WIP Patch
If they're still in general discussion of syntax issues, that seems like
a sign they're possibly not ready for 9.3 ... but in the end, it's up to
the people involved to determine that, certainly not I.
> - Awaiting discussion of difficult issues:
> -- bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements
Small and difficult -> punt it, IMO.