Re: Partial patch status update, 3/3/13 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Partial patch status update, 3/3/13
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Craig Ringer (craig@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> > - Awaiting discussion of syntax:
> > -- PL/PgSQL STRICT

I agree w/ Josh and Craig that this should probably be bounced- mainly
because we need to get 9.3 properly underway and this looks to continue
to be an area of much discussion.

> > -- Matview WIP Patch

This appears to be OBE. :)

> > - Awaiting discussion of difficult issues:
> > -- bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements
> Small and difficult -> punt it, IMO.

I'd really love to have this properly fixed in 9.3, but I've not been
able to find time to spend on it myself, unfortunately.  I continue to
think that we should build on what we've already got in psql wrt
function handling, but others have differing opinions, apparently.
Thanks,
    Stephen