Re: executeUpdate API contract. Return value equals 0. - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: executeUpdate API contract. Return value equals 0.
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 02/26/2013 09:15 PM, Jeremy Whiting wrote:
> Hi,
>  I have seen there have been conversations about the returned value from
> executeUpdate when using partitioned tables. This thread places the
> issue in the postgres-server court:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/013901c5fad9$1c18c600$ca78a8c0@yawin.yesasia.com
>
>  and another coversation on the pgsql-bugs mailing list that seems to
> bat the problem back at the pgjdbc driver :)
Really? I either didn't see that thread or forgot it. Link?

I don't see how PgJDBC can return rowcounts when trigger-based
partitioning doesn't produce them.

>  I have written a test case for the driver and made it available on
> GitHub. It is compatible with the current testsuit. It is there for you
> to consider it's merits and use it if considered useful. I would like to
> think it gives this issue visibility.
>
> https://github.com/whitingjr/pgjdbc/tree/partitioned_table_test
The test case looks reasonable to me at a quick scan; haven't merged and
run it yet.