Re: initdb ignoring options? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: initdb ignoring options?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/26/13 6:57 PM, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> This might be a red herring - but I recall having problems using
> --enable-depend on older OSX versions (10.5 I think), so *maybe* worth
> seeing if leaving that option off and doing a distclean+rebuild changes
> anything.

I toggled off both that and not expliciting enabling
enable-thread-safety with no change.

For Thom's question, these are all hitting the Postgres I compiled, and
yes other tools like pg_ctl seem fine:

$ which pg_ctl
/Users/gsmith/pgwork/inst/latest/bin/pg_ctl
$ pg_ctl --version
pg_ctl (PostgreSQL) 9.3devel
$ which initdb
/Users/gsmith/pgwork/inst/latest/bin/initdb
$ initdb --version
Database cluster already exists in /Users/gsmith/pgwork/data/latest