Re: Bug, Feature, or what else? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Bug, Feature, or what else?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 02/08/2013 07:23 AM, Andreas Kretschmer wrote:

> Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> hat am 8. Februar 2013 um 16:19
> geschrieben:

>>> doesn't help:
>>>
>>> -bash-4.1$ psql -U postgres db115150
>>> psql (9.1.8)
>>> Type "help" for help.
>>>
>>> db115150=# begin;
>>> BEGIN
>>> db115150=# revoke all on schema public from ak02;
>>> REVOKE
>>> db115150=# drop user ak02;
>>> FEHLER:  kann Rolle »ak02« nicht löschen, weil andere Objekte davon abhängen
>>> DETAIL:  Privilegien für Schema public
>>> db115150=#
>>>

>> So what does \dn+ public show?
>
> db115150=# \dn+ public
>                               List of schemas
>    Name  |  Owner   |      Access privileges      |      Description
> --------+----------+-----------------------------+------------------------
>   public | postgres | postgres=UC/postgres       +| standard public schema
>          |          | akretschmer01=U*C*/postgres+|
>          |          | ak02=UC/akretschmer01       |
> (1 row)

If I am following the Notes section correctly in:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/sql-revoke.html

"If a superuser chooses to issue a GRANT or REVOKE command, the command
is performed as though it were issued by the owner of the affected
object. Since all privileges ultimately come from the object owner
(possibly indirectly via chains of grant options), it is possible for a
superuser to revoke all privileges, but this might require use of
CASCADE as stated above."

Try:

revoke all on schema public from ak02 cascade;

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com