Re: Visual query builder for PosgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Visual query builder for PosgreSQL?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 02/08/2013 07:33 AM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga@uptime.jp> wrote:
>
>> Of course, I can write ad-hoc queries by myself. However, I'd
>> like to allow non-tech people to issue ad-hoc queries with using
>> some visual query builder.
>
> You should probably take a look at http://htsql.org/
>
> It is free open source software intended for "accidental
> programmers" -- people who want to pull summarized data from a
> database without learning SQL or needing rigorous training.  Its
> development was partially funded by grants from foundations,
> including the National Science Foundation.  It does support
> PostgreSQL and most definitely support counts, sums, etc.  In fact,
> it can automagically give you pretty summary graphs with the
> ability to drill down to supporting detail.

I second this. I have been trying it out and it is proving quite useful.
The interesting part is that if you use the HTML interface you can get
the SQL sent to the server, helps you learn that also.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com