Re: BUG #7851: Installer crash with message: An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtimeinstaller - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ivano Luberti
Subject Re: BUG #7851: Installer crash with message: An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtimeinstaller
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Thanks Dave for your quick answer

Il 05/02/2013 16:19, Dave Page ha scritto:
> If this is a new installation, you should really use 9.2. 8.4 will go
> out of support in about a year.

It is a new installation on my machine, but I use for development and I
have to support customers that will still use 8.4 for a while.
> You're suffering from the problem described here:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_%26_Installing_PostgreSQL_On_Native_Windows#The_installer_exits_with_a_runtime_installation_error.3F.

yes I read that
> The error comes usually because either the script interpretor isn't
> registered or the TEMP dir is unwriteable (both of which you said
> you've checked), or sometimes because the .vbs file extension is
> registered incorrectly. You can check how the filetype is registered
> like this:
>
> C:\>assoc .vbs
> .vbs=VBSFile
>
> C:\>ftype VBSFile
> VBSFile=%SystemRoot%\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %*
>
> (it should look like that)

It look exactly like that and I run the installer as an administrator.
I don't want to mix two different issues here but I also tried to
install 9.2.2-1 and I get a
"Unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path"
error message
And in the TEMP dir I find a bitrock_installer file with the following
content

Log started 02/05/2013 at 21:37:45
Preferred installation mode : qt
Trying to init installer in mode qt
Mode qt successfully initialized
Could not find registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-9.2
Data Directory. Setting variable iDataDirectory to empty value
Could not find registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-9.2
Base Directory. Setting variable iBaseDirectory to empty value
Could not find registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-9.2
Service ID. Setting variable iServiceName to empty value
Could not find registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-9.2
Service Account. Setting variable iServiceAccount to empty value
Could not find registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-9.2
Super User. Setting variable iSuperuser to empty value
Could not find registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-9.2
Branding. Setting variable iBranding to empty value
Could not find registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-9.2
Version. Setting variable brandingVer to empty value
Could not find registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-9.2
Shortcuts. Setting variable iShortcut to empty value
Could not find registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-9.2
DisableStackBuilder. Setting variable iDisableStackBuilder to empty value
[21:37:51] Existing base directory:
[21:37:51] Existing data directory:
[21:37:51] Using branding: PostgreSQL 9.2
[21:37:51] Using Super User: postgres and Service Account: NT
AUTHORITY\NetworkService
[21:37:51] Using Service Name: postgresql-x64-9.2

> --
> Dave Page
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake