Re: 7.3beta and ecpg - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.3beta and ecpg
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> I'm awfully sorry that I missed this thread. But I do not really
> understand the problem. If we cannot be exactly as specified why aren't
> we coming close? As it stands now I have to implement my own
> PREPARE/EXECUTE in ecpg and the syntax does clash with the backend one.

But you must implement your own PREPARE/EXECUTE anyway, using ecpg
variables, no?  If you can really embed what you need in the backend
facility, and only the syntax variation is getting in the way, then
maybe I misunderstand the problem.  How do parameters of PREPAREd
statements work in ecpg?