Re: [BUGS]log can not be output when use DataSource - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Chen Huajun
Subject Re: [BUGS]log can not be output when use DataSource
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
 > 1. Dave add tasks to get the Manual to the same state as existing properties
 > that are implemented. So lacking documentation are:
 >
 > ApplicationName
 > binaryTransfer
 > binaryTransferDisable
 > binaryTransferEnable
 > receiveBufferSize
 > sendBufferSize

My work was not based the newest source,
so i checked again ,and found the "readOnly" was alse lacked.

 > 2. Chen, No I do not think at this time that ALL properties be implemented
 > in BaseDataSource at this time unless you desire to do so. As indicated
 > my initial concern was properties that are implemented and have the same
 > bug as you have already identified with logLevel.

I agree with you danap.

 > 3. The fourth column Chen in your spreadsheet is usefull in identifying two
 > properties that are defined in the BaseDataSource but not implemented
 > in getURL(). The properties user & password are included in getConnection()
 > and therefore do not not need to be in getURL(). The two not implemented:

I advocate user & password also need to be in getURL().
Because getURL() is the key way to affect a connection created by the DataSource.
If a property not need be included in getURL(),it also seems not needed to appear in BaseDataSource.
And just like DriverManager,by which can set user & password via getConnection's arguments or url,
DataSource should same to DriverManager.

Connection db = DriverManager.getConnection(url, username, password);

or

String url = "jdbc:postgresql://localhost/test?user=fred&password=secret&ssl=true";
Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url);

Chen Huajun