Re: [BUGS]log can not be output when use DataSource - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From dmp
Subject Re: [BUGS]log can not be output when use DataSource
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Indeed Chen this is very good work. Thank you providing this information.

Dave though it should be the ultimate goal to have the one to one match
for all supported properties in the BaseDataSource this was not my initial
intend for asking for the review of BaseDataSource.

Chen you have defined the complete solution, but I was more interested
in checking the existing BaseDataSource Properties being properly implemented
because of the bug you found with logLevel. I suspect that other properties
that are now implemented have the same bug.

I would advocate that fixing the existing class is more important at this
time then implementing the complete properties set. Of course if this is
acceptable to you Chen for a course of action it is up to you.

Recommend:

1. Dave add tasks to get the Manual to the same state as existing properties
    that are implemented. So lacking documentation are:

    ApplicationName
    binaryTransfer
    binaryTransferDisable
    binaryTransferEnable
    receiveBufferSize
    sendBufferSize

2. Chen, No I do not think at this time that ALL properties be implemented
    in BaseDataSource at this time unless you desire to do so. As indicated
    my initial concern was properties that are implemented and have the same
    bug as you have already identified with logLevel.

3. The fourth column Chen in your spreadsheet is usefull in identifying two
    properties that are defined in the BaseDataSource but not implemented
    in getURL(). The properties user & password are included in getConnection()
    and therefore do not not need to be in getURL(). The two not implemented:

    binaryTransferDisable
    binaryTransferEnable

    These two should probably be added since that were already defined,
    but not implemented.

danap.