Installing PostgreSQL on OSX Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Cook
Subject Installing PostgreSQL on OSX Server
Date
Re: Installing PostgreSQL on OSX Server  (Wolfgang Keller <feliphil@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general
Hello!

I have convinced a client to use PostgreSQL instead of MySQL (hooray),
which means it falls on me to install and configure it. I'm planning on
doing this from the command line (I have SSH access).

I have installed and configured PostgreSQL on Windows, FreeBSD, and a
few Linux flavors, but never OSX. I have the basic directions
(http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community/pginst-guide) and found
a couple of articles / blogs, but really I'm not an Apple guy so I don't
want to miss anything or screw anything up.

Is there anything I should watch out for? I have some wiggle room (this
is a development server at first), but I'd rather not break anything.

uname -a returns: Darwin xxx.local 10.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0:
Tue Jun  7 16:33:36 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1504.15.3~1/RELEASE_I386 i386
PostgreSQL version: Latest and greatest - 9.2.2

Thanks!

-- Stephen